1. You will teach in the afternoons. Lessons are between 2.00 and 4.00pm. Depending on the distance to the schools, transport takes 15 minutes to one hour. Volunteers leave Yangshuo at around 1.00pm at the earliest and are back at around 5.00pm. All classes are 40-45 minutes long and we ask our volunteers to teach two classes.
2. Opportunity to meet Chinese children and see the real countryside.
3. Free accommodation and meals for volunteers teaching one week or more. You will be eating with adult Chinese students that are attending one of the Buckland group's English language schools located in the vicinity, Owen College. It is a great chance to learn more about Chinese culture. The students get to practise their English oral skills on you, and you get to brush up your Chinese!
4. Transportation to village schools is by car, bus, scooter or bike, depending on the distance. The volunteers do not pay for transportation.
5. To facilitate lesson planning, teaching materials and books are available.
6. Official Letters of Invitation to assist with obtaining a Chinese Visa. Volunteers are NOT required to have more than a tourist (L) visa.
7. Official Volunteer Identification cards and badges are provided for volunteers
teaching a week or more.